Saturday 19 December 2009

Solitude Is The Only Solution.

Eyes glazed open by fragments of sleep,
Caught under nails, clawing out of reach.
When my lashes lock I can't help but see,
You watching me in the periphery.
We could flash and flame like feu d'artifice,
Fiery subterfuge the words I resist.

Love conquers only what's left of your soul.
Love is when you die before you get old.

Sadness sewn from crastinaphobia,
And the fear of freedom being over.
The umbilical cord needs to be cut,
Like the love song once wrote for luck.
A lion in a cage is just a cat,
And a life alone is a life intact.
To deprive of me is retribution,
Solitude is the only solution.

Love conquers only what's left of your soul.
Love is when you die before you get old.
Love is obsession, envy, loneliness.
Love is a state to which we regress.

I don't need someone else to die for my sins.
I don't need a hand to hold as I pull the pin.

1 comment:

Randy Conner said...

Hell yeah. I like this.